Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Valentine Series: The Pain of Letting Go

I hate having to forgive. Its a debt I never like repaying. To constantly love my neighbour who does evil to me - that is not how I like to pile my coals. I'd rather start a fire myself, physically remove the coals and pour it all on his head.

Why should someone do something bad to me and get away with it? When the insults gather up in my mouth filled with venom as if I were a snake what am I supposed to do with them? Swallow them and choke? No! I'd rather spit them out and make them sting. Let the guilty suffer the consequences of his guilt. Let him that offends endure the pain of rejection. To forgive is divine, well thank God I'm human!

I hate having to forgive. That is the most annoying debt to repay. Except that, if my constant excesses, errs and blatant rascality are not constantly being smothered by love by my creator, I don't know what would happen to me. So I'm left with no choice, to forgive or be ineligible for forgiveness myself.

I hate having to forgive, but forgive I must, forgive I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment